Thursday, August 28, 2014

Long time no travel! But today we brought it back into vogue - I headed out this morning bright and early - you do remember how much I love day break. Heading to Smyrna, Tennessee.
This year having been cooler and wetter than most midwest summers - everything is still beautiful and lush and green. I forgot how beautiful Missouri really is. Same areas I would have liked to stop and photograph.  But . . .  time was wasting.
On top of this lone trip who knew there were 5 (count them!) five bridges to cross. I snapped a phone pic on each of them. Just to prove that I made it.
As soon as I flowed through the 2nd Amendment unfriendly state of Illinois the weather shifted and there were sudden downpours. Not rain DOWNPOURS! Then it would stop just as suddenly and everyone would go right back up to speed. This happened about 15 times all the way to the edge of Nashville. Then the weather cleared up and it was exchanged with Traffic! Rush hour bumper to bumper dead stopped traffic.
The hills, the trees, the river(s) and the winding made it a lovely drive. Nashville has a beautiful skyline which suddenly appears as you crest the hill from the north.
I came here to re-connect with family - so all the usual tourist excitement I had not considered. But I soon found that everyone I spoke too wanted to brag about all the Civil War places around the area. In such a large city it is kind of nice that people who live here still "like" where they live.
I will start photo gathering tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment